Sunday, June 3, 2012

These Days, I







I miss most the jubilant faces that light up in welcome as you arrive, giving you barely half a minute's warning before you topple over from the weight of all the hugs given you, your fall punctuated by the shrill staccato of laughter, of shared memories, of futures.

The illusion hangs before my eyes(dark unless touched by stray sunbeams) for a second, frozen in infinity, irreconcilable with the flux of the present as it is fleeting, like the moon on a pool, rippled away by a droplet, by chance, by the gale winds sung to existence, borne of thousands upon aeons of sibilant butterflies and their velveteen butterfly wings.



Kelly Clarkson
Already Gone

8 comments:

  1. What kind of conversations did you have? Do you think the ache of losing someone really goes away? Or do we just find a way of living with it.

    Kane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lose a limb(and I pray that it should not be so), I will forever pine for the limb I lost. If I break a bone(and I pray that it should not be so), the pain, if not the knowledge of having broken a bone, will haunt me until I breath my last.

      Delete
  2. Being separated is always inevitable. Pain if you must, and learn to forego of something which is not already yours to worry.

    xoxo sistah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, ditse. :) kaya nga already gone ang song diba?

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Why do I have a feeling you're a sucker for guys who are centers of attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? Confidence(and the ammo to back it up) is SEXY.

      Delete
    2. AND *GASP* I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! hahahahahaha

      Delete