Saturday, November 15, 2014

Paolo




I cannot keep chasing you
because one day I will tire
of stumbling in your wake
if I keep biting the dust,
one day it will grow stale
so off this beaten path I go
to misadventures that wait
I'm sure to fall someday
I'd bruise but I'll abide
no longer shall I twist
vain tries to fit your mold

broken souls must first mend
for love demands everything
as such we cannot yet love
while our pieces lie in chaos

I'm sure to fall someday
but falling isn't failing
maybe then we can fall
maybe then we can gamble


2 comments:

  1. "The man who is guided by concepts and abstractions only succeeds by such means in warding off misfortune, without ever gaining any happiness for himself from these abstractions. And while he aims for the greatest possible freedom from pain, the intuitive man, standing in the midst of a culture, already reaps from his intuition a harvest of continually inflowing illumination, cheer, and redemption — in addition to obtaining a defense against misfortune. To be sure, he suffers more intensely, when he suffers; he even suffers more frequently, since he does not understand how to learn from experience and keeps falling over and over again into the same ditch." - Nietzsche in "On True and Lies in an Extra-Moral Sense"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having re-read this now, I think I understand this better than when I was burdened by my emotions last year. Thank you for the insight, LoF. :)

      Delete